Welcome to Drew!
We hope as you take a look at our virtual campus and our website you gain a real appreciation for Drew's vibrant learning community. This is a school that values your unique talents, skills, interests and provides an exceptional environment for you to stretch yourself, connect, learn, grow and make an impact. This is what high school should be!
The opportunity to guide families through the admissions process and highlight the transformational experience and outstanding education at Drew is a distinct honor. We often talk about finding your voice and making an impact here at Drew -- and we believe that process truly begins with the admissions journey. Be patient with yourself during this process, be curious, be open, and have some fun with it.
And last but certainly not least, don’t forget, we have been test-free in admissions at Drew since 2020, because we know you are so much more than your score. This means standardized testing is not required to apply nor will standardized testing be accepted or reviewed. Click here to read our original statement on testing.
We are looking forward to partnering with you every step of the way.
Joanna Lovett '06
We are so excited to share the 2021-2022 admission season offerings at Drew with you. We have worked to design an admissions process to meet your needs in what feels like an ever changing environment and therefore we hope you will take advantage of all that Drew has to offer through a mix of in-person and virtual options. Below you will find information on the steps and requirements to both explore and formally apply to Drew.
Our application process formally launched on August 16th which means you can get started now by inquiring through Ravenna, the admissions platform we use. This is where you will submit all documents and register for events. Our event registration will open up on August 24th, followed by another event registration release on September 15th.
UPDATE: We are actively managing waitlists for admissions events due to overwhelming interest. Please do not let this discourage you, we want you to explore the school, please reach out to us!
Exploring schools through events is an important and exciting part of the admissions experience. We know that seeing a campus and meeting members of the community is crucial for many and we also know that everyone has different schedules and commitments, that is why we are offering both in-person and virtual events this season to ensure everyone has a way of learning and experiencing the magic of Drew.
For information on all events please visit our admissions events page.
With the amount of attendees at events it can sometimes feel like it is hard to make a personal connection, but we actually want to talk to you! We are all about connecting and getting to know you at Drew so we encourage you to schedule a call or zoom session with someone on the team, one of our student ambassadors, or parent/guardians.
Students will have multiple options for interviews once families submit the parent/guardian application and pay the fee, or complete the ABC process, or the SMART application. Please note that Drew will also host an Interview Day on Sunday, January 9, 2022 (TBD in-person or virtual) for those that wish to wait to submit their application.
Option 1: 1:1 Zoom interview with a member of the Drew community
There is no need to prepare anything in advance. We want to get to know you and will do our best to do so using a series of questions. These 1:1 interviews are meant to be more like conversations. Please note that this option will require you to participate with your camera and microphone on.
Option 2: 5-minute one-way video interview
One-way video interviews allow you to record yourself answering questions in your own time using a device of your choice: phone, tablet, laptop, etc for up to 5 minutes. We will provide you with a list of prompts/questions for you to answer as if you were on Drew’s campus sitting down with one of us. This should not be scripted, produced with music and/or graphics, and should not be perfect! We simply want to get to know the real you.
Once you submit the parent/guardian application and pay the fee, or complete the ABC or SMART process, someone will reach out to you with more details and how to sign up for an interview.
Drew requires a recommendation from your current math teacher, English teacher, and an administrator: principal, advisor, counselor, etc.. Please follow the instructions on Ravenna for accessing and submitting all forms. In Ravenna, you will need to provide the email addresses of your recommendation writers so they receive the forms directly from Ravenna with instructions.
Complete and sign the Transcript Release Form and submit it to your current school. Complete transcripts (last year and first semester of the current year) can be scanned and uploaded to Ravenna or sent to Drew along with the Transcript Release form by January 6, 2022.
As a reminder, we have been test-free in admissions at Drew since 2020 which means standardized testing is not required to apply nor will test results be accepted or reviewed. You are more than a score!
- Open House - September 14, 2021 - 5:00-7:00pm (virtual)
- Open House - September 28, 2021 - 5:00-7:00pm (virtual)
- Open House - October 3, 2021 - 10:00-12:00pm (virtual)
- Meet David & The Deans - October 7, 2021 - 8:30-10:00am
- Drew Hangout: Athlete Edition! - October 7, 2021 - 6:00-6:30pm (virtual)
- Student Visit Experience - October 17, 2021 - 1:00-3:00pm
- Student Visit Experience - October 24, 2021 - 1:00-3:00pm
- Meet David & The Deans - November 4, 2021 - 8:30-10:00am (virtual)
- Open House en español - November 9, 2021 - 6:00-7:30pm
- Student Visit Experience - November 14, 2021 - 1:00-3:00pm
- Student Support Night - November 30, 2021 - 5:00-6:00pm
- Student Visit Experience - December 5, 2021 - 1:00-3:00pm
- Meet David & The Deans - December 7, 2021 - 8:30-10:00am
- Meet David & The Deans - January 5, 2022 - 8:30-10:00am (virtual)
- Interview Day - January 9, 2022
- Revisit Week (accepted students only) - March 22, 2022 - March 24, 2022 (in-person)
- Parent/Guardian + Student Applications due - January 6, 2022
- Financial Aid Application due - January 6, 2022
- Financial Aid Tax Deadline - February 11, 2022
- Decision Release Date - March 18, 2022
- Decisions Due (Financial Aid Applicants) - March 24, 2022
- Decisions Due (Standard Applicants) - March 25, 2022
- Who is a good fit for Drew?
- How many students are there in each grade?
- What does it mean if my child is waitlisted or denied admission?
- Where do Drew students live?
- Standardized Testing Not Required to Apply to Drew
- Does Drew accept transfer students?
- What are the test requirements for transfer students?
- What are Drew's Graduation Requirements?
- Should I apply if my child has learning differences that require accommodations?
- Do you admit international students?
- Can my child re-apply next year if not admitted this year?
- Does Drew have a dress code?
- From what schools do your applicants come?
Non-Discrimination Policy: The Drew School welcomes to its community students of any race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability or national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. The School applies all legal,non-discrimination standards in the administration of its educational policies, employment policies, admissions policies, financial aid programs, athletic and other school-administered programs and activities.