Welcome to Drew!
We hope as you explore our website you gain a real appreciation for Drew's vibrant learning community. This is a school that values your unique talents, skills, and interests and provides an exceptional environment for you to stretch yourself, connect, learn, and grow. This is what high school should be.
The opportunity to guide families through the admissions process and highlight the transformational experience and outstanding education at Drew is a distinct honor. We know and believe in teenagers, and we harness that knowledge to challenge you to fulfill your individual potential and become the best version of yourself. We talk a lot about finding your voice and making an impact here at Drew -- and we believe that process truly begins with the admissions journey.
We are looking forward to partnering with you every step of the way!
Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19), all in-person visits and admissions events will be conducted virtually for the 2020-2021 admissions cycle. We’ve redesigned our admissions process to provide you with an abundance of virtual offerings to discover Drew safely from a distance. To receive the latest announcements and event registration information please make sure to inquire via Ravenna.
Please note that Drew will not consider standardized tests such as the SSAT, ISEE, and HSPT as a part of our applicant review process for the 2020-2021 admissions season. Read more about this decision here. If you wish to submit any supplemental materials other than test scores that would you feel would help us understand you better as an applicant please submit those materials by email.
More details on the interview process at Drew will be shared at the end of November. However, if you have already applied to Drew you are eligible to interview and someone from our team will be reaching out soon to offer you an opportunity for a 1:1 Zoom interview.
Hear from Director of Admissions, Joanna Lovett and Head of School, David Frankenberg as they introduce you to the admissions process and Drew School!
At Drew we go beyond. We believe that in order for learning and true understanding to make the biggest impact it must be relevant, connected, and extend beyond the classroom. Join us to hear big impact stories of Drew students followed by an opportunity to meet the experts who bring learning to life every day in interactive breakout sessions.
Learn more about our Mission and Vision with our Head of School, David Frankenberg, and the Deans during one of these Parent/Guardian only events.
Experience what it is like to be a part of Drew’s dynamic community of learners by attending a virtual school visit including tour, student showcases, and live q+a with students.
Get the inside scoop from the Drew community through an abundance of live panel events.
Both the Student and Parent/Guardian Applications are due by January 7, 2021. Applications are submitted through Ravenna. A $90 application fee is due with the submission. Some application fee waivers will be available upon request.
Drew requires a recommendation from your current math teacher, English teacher, and principal or counselor. Please follow the instructions on Ravenna for accessing and submitting all forms. In Ravenna, you will need to provide the email addresses of your recommendation writers so they receive the forms directly from Ravenna with instructions.
See the Financial Aid page of the Drew website for complete information about Drew’s Financial Aid program. Financial Aid applications must received by January 7, 2021.
Information Sessions (all)
- September 10, 2020 - 4:30-5:30pm
- September 15, 2020 - 4:30-5:30pm
Information Session in Spanish (Spanish speakers)
- September 30, 2020 - 4:30-5:30pm
OCTOBER TO JANUARY 2020
Meet David and the Deans (parent/guardians)
- October 6, 2020 - 9:15-10:15am
- November 18, 2020 - 9:15-10:15am
- December 8, 2020 - 9:15-10:15am
- January 6, 2020 - 9:15-10:15am
Beyond the Classroom Series (all)
- October 25, 2020 - 10am-12pm
- November 10, 2020 - 5pm-7pm
- December 6, 2020 - 2pm-4pm
Virtual Student Visits (students)
- October 7, 2020 - 4pm-5pm
- October 14, 2020 - 4pm-5pm
- October 27, 2020 - 4pm-5pm
- November 3, 2020 - 4pm-5pm
- November 19, 2020 - 4pm-5pm
- December 15, 2020 - 4pm-5pm
- January 7, 2021 - 4pm-5pm
- January 19, 2021 - 4pm-5pm
- Admissions Intern Edition - November 4, 2020 - 4:30pm-5pm
- Student Athlete Edition - November 11, 2020 - 4:30pm-5pm
JANUARY 7, 2021
Parent/Guardian + Student Applications due
Financial Aid Application due
- Who is a good fit for Drew?
- How many students are there in each grade?
- What does it mean if my child is waitlisted or denied admission?
- Where do Drew students live?
- What if the student visit dates and times do not work for my family's schedule?
- Standardized Testing Not Required to Apply to Drew
- Does Drew accept transfer students?
- What are the test requirements for transfer students?
- What are Drew's Graduation Requirements?
- Should I apply if my child has learning differences that require accommodations?
- Do you admit international students?
- Can my child re-apply next year if not admitted this year?
- Does Drew have a dress code?
- From what schools do your applicants come?
Non-Discrimination Policy: The Drew School welcomes to its community students of any race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability or national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. The School applies all legal,non-discrimination standards in the administration of its educational policies, employment policies, admissions policies, financial aid programs, athletic and other school-administered programs and activities.