Welcome to Drew!
We hope as you take a look at our virtual campus and our website you gain a real appreciation for Drew's vibrant learning community. This is a school that values your unique talents, skills, and interests and provides an exceptional environment for you to stretch yourself, connect, learn, grow and make an impact. This is what high school should be.
The opportunity to guide families through the admissions process and highlight the transformational experience and outstanding education at Drew is a distinct honor. We know and believe in teenagers, and we harness that knowledge to challenge you to fulfill your individual potential and become the best version of yourself. We talk a lot about finding your voice and making an impact here at Drew -- and we believe that process truly begins with the admissions journey.
We are looking forward to partnering with you every step of the way!
Associate Director of Admissions, Recruitment
We are busy gearing up for an exciting admissions experience but understand that you are eager to learn more about what to expect. Below you will find some key information to keep in mind before we formally begin our work together. We hope you all have a wonderful summer and look forward to an amazing distinctly Drew admissions experience!
Application Launch Date and Ravenna:
Alongside most independent private high schools in San Francisco, we use an application system by the name of Ravenna. In addition to our virtual campus here Ravenna will be the central hub for tracking all admissions steps and events. You are welcome to get started now by setting up an account and adding Drew School but keep in mind that you will not be able to view any steps or events until we formally launch our application by the end of the day on August 16th, 2021.
To get a sense of what is required to apply please take a look below at our 2020-2021 process as our requirements have not changed apart from that fact that we will be requiring an in-person or virtual interview for all applicants.
Last year we made the decision to go Test-Free and will continue to remain Test-Free for the years to come. This means we will not accept, require, or review any standard testing as a part of our process to ensure our admissions process reflects our mission and commitment to equity and inclusion. Click here to read our original statement on testing.
Exploring schools through events is an important and exciting part of the admissions experience. We know that seeing a campus and meeting members of the community is crucial and we also know that everyone has different schedules and commitments, that is why we are offering both in-person and virtual events this season to ensure everyone has a way of learning and experiencing the magic of Drew. Feel free to review our virtual events from the past season here but keep in mind that we will be making modifications to our events for the 2021-2022 admissions season.
All events and event dates will be posted on August 16th along with our application launch. You will be able to find this information here on our virtual campus, as well as, on Ravenna where you will register to attend each event. The first wave of event registration will open up on August 24th, 2021 with a second wave opening up on September 15th, 2021.
Hear from Director of Admissions, Joanna Lovett and Head of School, David Frankenberg as they introduce you to the admissions process and Drew School!
At Drew we go beyond. We believe that in order for learning and true understanding to make the biggest impact it must be relevant, connected, and extend beyond the classroom. Join us to hear big impact stories of Drew students followed by an opportunity to meet the experts who bring learning to life every day in interactive breakout sessions.
Learn more about our Mission and Vision with our Head of School, David Frankenberg, and the Deans during one of these Parent/Guardian only events.
Experience what it is like to be a part of Drew’s dynamic community of learners by attending a virtual school visit including tour, student showcases, and live q+a with students.
Get the inside scoop from the Drew community through an abundance of live panel events.
Both the Student and Parent/Guardian Applications are due by January 7, 2021. Applications are submitted through Ravenna. A $90 application fee is due with the submission. Some application fee waivers will be available upon request.
Drew requires a recommendation from your current math teacher, English teacher, and principal or counselor. Please follow the instructions on Ravenna for accessing and submitting all forms. In Ravenna, you will need to provide the email addresses of your recommendation writers so they receive the forms directly from Ravenna with instructions.
See the Financial Aid page of the Drew website for complete information about Drew’s Financial Aid program. Financial Aid applications must received by January 7, 2021.
Information Sessions (all)
- September 10, 2020 - 4:30-5:30pm
- September 15, 2020 - 4:30-5:30pm
Information Session in Spanish (Spanish speakers)
- September 30, 2020 - 4:30-5:30pm
OCTOBER TO JANUARY 2020
Meet David and the Deans (parent/guardians)
- October 6, 2020 - 9:15-10:15am
- November 18, 2020 - 9:15-10:15am
- December 8, 2020 - 9:15-10:15am
- January 6, 2020 - 9:15-10:15am
Beyond the Classroom Series (all)
- October 25, 2020 - 10am-12pm
- November 10, 2020 - 5pm-7pm
- December 6, 2020 - 2pm-4pm
Virtual Student Visits (students)
- October 7, 2020 - 4pm-5pm
- October 14, 2020 - 4pm-5pm
- October 27, 2020 - 4pm-5pm
- November 3, 2020 - 4pm-5pm
- November 19, 2020 - 4pm-5pm
- December 15, 2020 - 4pm-5pm
- January 7, 2021 - 4pm-5pm
- January 19, 2021 - 4pm-5pm
- Admissions Intern Edition - November 4, 2020 - 4:30pm-5pm
- Student Athlete Edition - November 11, 2020 - 4:30pm-5pm
- Music Program Edition - January 5, 2021 - 5:00pm-5:30pm
- Theatre Program Edition - January 7, 2021 - 5:00pm-5:30pm
- Visual Arts Program Edition - January 7, 2021 - 5:30pm-6:00pm
JANUARY 7, 2021
Parent/Guardian + Student Applications due
Financial Aid Application due
- Who is a good fit for Drew?
- How many students are there in each grade?
- What does it mean if my child is waitlisted or denied admission?
- Where do Drew students live?
- What if the student visit dates and times do not work for my family's schedule?
- Standardized Testing Not Required to Apply to Drew
- Does Drew accept transfer students?
- What are the test requirements for transfer students?
- What are Drew's Graduation Requirements?
- Should I apply if my child has learning differences that require accommodations?
- Do you admit international students?
- Can my child re-apply next year if not admitted this year?
- Does Drew have a dress code?
- From what schools do your applicants come?
Non-Discrimination Policy: The Drew School welcomes to its community students of any race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability or national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. The School applies all legal,non-discrimination standards in the administration of its educational policies, employment policies, admissions policies, financial aid programs, athletic and other school-administered programs and activities.